Our Privacy Statement
Collection of Information
There are a number of ways we can collect data from you based on your usage of kensie.com. These methods include but are not limited to when you:
- Register on the Website
- Proceed through our checkout process
- Place an order
- Sign up for our newsletter
- Contact us
- Participate in a Website promotion or survey
The information we collect about you may include data such as your name, shipping and billing addresses, phone number, email address and payment method. This information is primarily used for billing purposes but also for marketing purposes, to fulfill your orders, and for communication with you about the status of your order.
Cookies are small pieces of data stored as text files by your internet browser on your computer. Most internet browsers are initially set to accept cookies. If your browser is not set to accept cookies, you can alter its settings to enjoy a better shopping experience on kensie.com or any site. Cookies allow you to select products, add them to your shopping cart and to complete a purchase all while logging this site usage information. Cookies used on kensie.com cannot permeate your computer and retrieve your personal information. Cookies are simply logs of your behavior on our site and allow us to deliver you a more personalized shopping experience.
We may form business relationships with other companies whom we believe trustworthy and whom we have asked to confirm that their privacy policies are consistent with ours. These companies are known as our Partner Brands. In such cases we may exchange, share and/or cross-reference information, including contact information about you that will enable our Partner Brands to contact you regarding products that are similar in nature and may be of interest to you.
For ratings, reviews and any other content you submit, you grant Kensie a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable right and license to use, reuse, copy, modify, reproduce and publish throughout the universe in any media. You further agree that this license may be sublicensed by Kensie. You represent and warrant that no further permissions are required for Kensie to use the content you submit. Any information you submit on kensie.com or affiliated websites (such as a blog), can also be collected and used by others.
Information Use & Disclosure
We may use your personal information in the course of the following business procedures:
- To Process & Fulfill Orders – We’ll use your personal information to process your order and to provide top-notch customer service.
- Improvements to the Website – We may, at times use your personal information (not in the process of disclosing it to any third parties) to improve the delivery of content and products to you and to our larger audience.
- To Keep You Informed – We may contact you with regard to Website updates, Kensie Newsletters and promotional materials from us as well as from other companies.
- To Improve Our Website – We may disclose informed collected from you to our related companies and service providers in order to perform business, professional or technical support functions for us.
- To Inform You of Relevant Offers – At times we may disclose personal information to our marketing partners, who may contact you with their own offers.
- To Comply with Law Enforcement – We may use your personal information to respond to a judicial inquiry or to provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an ongoing investigation, as required permitted or required by law.
- To Transfer Business Assets – In the event that our company or a substantial portion of its assets are sold, your personal information may be an asset transferred as agreed upon by the terms of the acquisition.
- To Accomplish Agreed-Upon Tasks – We may share or aggregate your personal information for disclosure with your consent.
Our Website utilizes physical, administrative and electronic mechanisms to protect your personal information. We incorporate a Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) for all financial transactions on the Website. Additionally, access to your financial information is granted only to those employees who require such access to perform their roles. Finally, you when visit our site, you are accessing servers that reside behind a locked cage and an electronic firewall.
Privacy Rights of California Residents
California law permits our customers who reside in California to request information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes for the preceding calendar year. Such a request is free and may be made once a year. To make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated August 13, 2019